Robert Frost coined the phrase “good fences make good neighbors” in his 1914 poem “Mending Wall.” While the meaning in the poem may have been slightly more about ‘turf protection,” it can also be applied to adding value to a home and property. Good fences can offer beauty, privacy and safety.
According to reports by the U.S Census Bureau, 60 percent of new homebuyers remodel within the first six moths of purchase; adding decks, yard enhancements and fences that create a comfortable relaxing outdoor sanctuary.
Fences can keep your family safe while providing additional curb appeal to a property. The benefits of fences include:
- Preventing children from getting outside an area and keep out potentially dangerous intruders, such as stray dogs.
- Provide safety for your property. If you own a pool, for example, most local building codes require pools to be fenced in with gates that are self-closing and self-latching.
- Add privacy to a yard which encourages outdoor living.
- Are now available in splinter-free and no maintenance materials such as vinyl, or composite products.
- If you live in a hurricane- or tornado-prone area, look for fence products that are design to withstand 75-mile winds and meet the Miami-Dade building code.
Maximize the overall safety and performance of your fence by working with a professional contractor to ensure proper installation.
Good fences not only make good neighbors, they make an attractive addition to your home and outdoor living areas.