Social Media Mavens at the 2012 AIA Convention & Design Exposition
Twitter activity was most definitely a flutter last week at the 2012 AIA Convention & Design Exposition in Washington D.C. Using the social media-monitoring tool, UberVU, we extrapolated some interesting insight from the Twitter activity at the show. For example, a report on activity using the #AIA2012 hash tag showed that:
- There were 5,528 tweets from May 10-21 — just prior and one day after the show.
- 36 percent of mentions were re-tweets.
- Nearly half of all tweets occurred on the first day of the show, May 18.
- New York-based architect Vanesa Alicea posted the most frequently, with 141 tweets.
- Of all of the Twitter accounts active during the show, Architectural Record magazine has the largest following, with a whopping 323,335 followers.
All in all, we enjoyed following and participating in the Twitter stream to keep a pulse on the show, however, we were most fortunate to have in-person conversations that spanned well beyond 140 characters!