Since its introduction into the marketplace more than 50 years ago, vinyl siding has evolved significantly in terms of aesthetics, durability and sustainability. New manufacturing processes have paved the way for authentic wood grain textures. New technology has delivered dynamic, multi-dimensional color palettes. Recent life cycle analyses reveal strong environmental performance over the life of the product. It’s no wonder that, according to This Old House, vinyl siding continues to capture roughly 30 percent of the U.S. siding market for new homes.
To help architectural and building professionals stay up to speed on the latest developments in vinyl siding, we’re hosting a free online webinar, “Vinyl Siding: the Basics and Beyond” on Wednesday, June 18 from 3-4 p.m. EDT.
Specifically, the course will cover the:
- Manufacturing process for vinyl siding
- Use of vinyl siding styles to create architectural elements
- Energy efficiency of insulated vinyl siding
- Key environmental benefits of selecting vinyl siding as a contribution to sustainable design
- Top tips and considerations for the installation of vinyl siding
Whether you are working with vinyl siding for the first time or have been using it for years, we encourage you to join us. Of course, questions and comments are always welcome — here on the blog and as part of the webinar.