One of the best hands-on demonstrations I saw at Greenbuild this year was the Kohler Toliet Tour (Booth #401). There were a wide array of functional toilets on display that showcased performance benefits such as the amount of waste that can be removed; glazing that enhances cleanliness; and, water-saving features. According to Kohler, the demonstration in the picture above tests the exchange of water in the bowl in conjunction with light waste removal. In layman’s terms, a cup of plastic beads are dropped in the bowl. If the toilet is flushed and more than 125 beads remain in the bowl, then the toilet is not up to par. In this case, only one bead remained, so the toilet had passed with flying colors. If these experiments peak your interest, you can get ongoing updates by following the hashtag #KohlerTolietTour.
- 5 Pro Tips to Submitting Your Gypsum Trophy Project
- Rebuilding Lives One Roof at a Time
- 6 Free Tools to Help You Design Your Dream Outdoor Space
- A Pro’s Guide to Choosing the Best Drywall to Use
- One Tradesman’s Plan to Finance an Early Retirement
- Beyond the Booth: CertainTeed at IBS 2019
- Siding, Trim and Railing: 2019 Is All About Color!
- Let Us Show YOU the Money: CertainTeed Rebate Program is Back