One of the best hands-on demonstrations I saw at Greenbuild this year was the Kohler Toliet Tour (Booth #401). There were a wide array of functional toilets on display that showcased performance benefits such as the amount of waste that can be removed; glazing that enhances cleanliness; and, water-saving features. According to Kohler, the demonstration in the picture above tests the exchange of water in the bowl in conjunction with light waste removal. In layman’s terms, a cup of plastic beads are dropped in the bowl. If the toilet is flushed and more than 125 beads remain in the bowl, then the toilet is not up to par. In this case, only one bead remained, so the toilet had passed with flying colors. If these experiments peak your interest, you can get ongoing updates by following the hashtag #KohlerTolietTour.
- Six Steps for Contractors if Your Job Site Shuts Down
- How it Works: Max Def Colors
- How it Works: QuadraBond® Advanced Layering
- How it Works: NailTrak® for Fast, Accurate, Visible Nail Lines
- Exterior Wall Insulation: Do You Need It?
- How it Works: Solaris® Cool Roof for Solar Reflectivity
- Insulating Spaces: Floors
- How it Works: CertaSeal for Uplift Protection
- Finding the Right Balance