How can an exterior wall system help stymie chronic heat and moisture-related problems?
Find out by joining me for the upcoming CEU course A Systematic View of the Exterior Wall. This free and interactive session will be offered on Thursday, April 30, from 1 – 2 p.m. ET.
During the hour-long session, you will learn how to develop a plan that enables exterior wall systems and materials to work together for the overall health of a house. Learn how proper design and installation of framing, sheathing, insulation, airflow retarders, vapor retarders and siding can minimize, if not eliminate, heat and moisture-related problems and be able to ask me questions
At the conclusion you will know:
- What an exterior wall system is and why it’s important for the house and its occupants
- The role airflow retarders and vapor diffusion retarders play in controlling the flow of moisture through the exterior wall system
- How four kinds of insulation can best perform in an exterior wall system
- How four types of framing materials and two forms of sheathing materials can effect the exterior wall system
- How window performance is measured and enhanced
- The importance of caulking, flashing and gaskets to the exterior wall system
- Advantages and disadvantages of seven kinds of sheathing materials as each relates to the exterior wall system
CertainTeed’s Building Knowledge Academy of Continuing Education, is the industry’s most extensive and engaging collection of CEU course content. Our courses provide AIA credits and help architects specify smarter. Register today.