Architects: It’s nearing the end of the 2015. Do you have all the credits your need for your professional credentials? You can double check your state MCE requirements with AIA. If you are still coming up short, we have two opportunities to help you secure those last, few HSW CEUs with a couple of our most popular webinars.
First up, Landscape and Residential Fence Systems: An Overview. This webinar will arm you with the following knowledge to recommend the best fence for the application:
- Compare the four kinds of fencing materials for residential fencing systems and which provides the greatest sustainability
- Describe common test standards for fencing systems
- Describe the ICC code for swimming pool fencing
- Explain how sustainable design has become a driving factor as a consistent alternative to wood fence assemblies
- Describe how sustainable design seeks to enhance and increase ecological, social and economic values over time
Join us on Tuesday, December 8th from 2:00 – 3:00 pm EST. This course qualifies for 1.0 LU/HSW and 1.0 GBCI. Register here.
On Thursday, December 10th from 1:00 – 2:00 pm EST our popular Up on the Roof: Asphalt Shingles course will be offered. The following key areas will be reviewed:
- Compare the key components within an asphalt shingle that contribute to solar reflectance to reduce the heat island affect
- Discover the benefit of solar reflectance and its contribution to: keeping buildings cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, reduces the amount of electrical energy consumed, and reduces the production of air pollutants and electricity generation
- Understand how to ventilate roofing systems properly in order to reduce energy consumption within the building and increase indoor air quality
- Know how the recycling of asphalt shingles contributes to a sustainable environment
Both of these webinars will feature our favorite presenter Lucas Hamilton, Manager, Building Science Applications for CertainTeed. Seats go fast so don’t wait to register!