According to the EPA nine out of 10 homes in the U.S. do not have enough insulation but unless you’re building new, it’s not always cost effective (or desirable) to take down all the walls in your house to add insulation. That said, there is one time when it makes perfect sense to add insulation – when you renovate!
Before you start that renovation project use this handy flow chart to help you decide if the time is right to add insulation.
Ready to get started? We’ve collected some handy references for you:
- Use our insulation selection tool to find the best solution to meet your family’s needs.
- Dig into the science behind insulation and what it does in the home to create complete comfort.
- This insulation calculator will show you exactly how much insulation you’ll need based on where you live and what room you are insulating.
- Still not sure it’s worth it? Calculate your energy savings to see exactly how much you can expect to save.
- And when you’re ready, we can help you Find a Pro!