Sustainable design, indoor air quality, controlled ventilation and thermal comfort are the topics du jour for a free webinar led by building scientist Lucas Hamilton on October 1 at 2 p.m. EST. While many of CertainTeed’s courses are offered through the Academy of Continuing Education, we are delighted to team up with the Construction Specification Institute (CSI) for this webinar, titled “Commercial Building Design: Comfortable Environments Through Sustainable Design.”
The presentation will review core principles of sustainable design and describe green building concepts and rating systems. Participants will learn ways to improve indoor air quality through controlled ventilation and material selection and how to create superior acoustical environments through sound control design practices.
More specifically, the learning objectives include:
- Explain the concepts of green building through sustainable design and describe the three principles of sustainable design.
- Understand credit categories for a green building rating system.
- Describe several factors affecting thermal comfort.
- Understand ways to improve indoor air quality through controlled ventilation and material selection.
- Explain how to create superior acoustical environments through sound control design practices.
- Review design strategies that help create a high quality visual environment.
To join the conversation, register here.